Wednesday, May 23, 2012

My new boat

before the name was put on - click to enlarge
I decided that it would be good to start a blog about my new boat, a 22 foot C-Dory Cruiser which we have just named Natural C-lection (My old Silver Streak Aluminium 16 ft runabout was "Natural Selection"). I first saw the boat at the Victoria boat show in February and was intrigued... After discussion with Monica, I decided that a pilothouse boat would allow us to fish and cruise and even do a bit of mothership kayaking. So after a couple of months of planning, Natural C-lection has taken up residence in our driveway. I had the name made up by Crest Sign who happen to have their office down the street!
I have found the on-line community at C-Brats to be an invaluable resource - a great community of helpful fellow c-dory boaters, including several from around Victoria. On my first trip, (Sidney to Wallace Island) we even ran into two other c-dory 22s - both also with blue trim!

No comments:

Post a Comment