Sunday, September 22, 2013

September 6-8 - Sidney C-Brat Gathering (#22)

I launched the boat on the 2nd at Cattle Point north ramp and went over to the mooring buoy where I left Natural C-lection until the 5th when I went up to Port Sidney Marina where I was hosting the Sidney C-brat gathering. I met a few of the "brats", had a nice Thai dinner and then came back to Victoria by car so as to work Friday. On Friday afternoon, I went back up by truck and dropped off the trailer to have the brakes fixed. We then gathered at Fish on 5th for a great dinner and a group of us went on to Boondocks for a couple of beers. Saturday was spent walking the docks, checking out everyone's boats, a Thai lunch, a visit to West Marine, a few boat christenings, and then a post luck dinner in the event tent. I was pretty happy how the event went and feel I would be happy to host another one in a year or so. I came back to Cadboro Bay late Sunday morning and left the boat on the mooring again. During the week, the trailer brakes were fixed, and I took the boat back out of the water on the 14th. Even in that short time, there was a rim of algal growth to remove, as well as several gull deposits!
click to enlarge


The album
Sidney Cbrats

61 km, not sure how much gas...

No comments:

Post a Comment