Saturday, August 31, 2013

August 12-17 - Kyuquot Sound (#18)

Monica and I spent 5 nights at Spring Island with JF and the team at West Coast Expeditions. Our first day was pretty nice, but the remaining ones were damp as a result of a front that came through. We did some kayak fishing as well as fishing from the boat. JF had some great fish while kayaking and I had some good fish from the boat. The WCE camp at Spring Island is a great spot, and we enjoyed walks around the island, excellent dinners and good company as well as trips to Kyuquot village. We were very heavily loaded for the trip out (3 people, 3 kayaks (2 delphins and a Trident) plus lots of gear, so it was slow going. On the way back it was just Monica and me with two boats and less gear, so the going was better! Unfortunately, I did not realize that my Lowrance HDS8 has a limit on the track storage, so I lost our entire Kyuquot track. I am going to recreate most of it from memory and my inReach locations soon.
The c-dory performed well as a home base for the two of us in spite of inclement weather.
here is a link to Monica's photos of the trip.
map image to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment